Monday, July 4, 2011

Day Four

I wrote some today! I have a new idea of where the story is going which is exciting. I'm still way, way behind. Right now, I have 867. I should have at least 6, 452 today. O_o
But, I think that this week I'll be able to catch up. I'm really excited about writing. I think the best part of NaNoWriMo is that you aren't supposed to worry about editing. You just write without worrying about flow or continuity. All of that comes later. So, I know there are flaws. There are always going to be flaws. My creative writing teacher in high school said you can always improve and I believe that's true.
That being said, it's really hard for me to resist reading over what I've written to make improvements, even when I only have 867 words.
I'm currently trying to finish reading Stephen King's On Writing. I read most of it a few months ago, but I had to return it to the library. So, I got that again because school's out and I finally have time to read!
I feel almost guilty reading because I know I should be writing. But, one way to be a better writer is to read a lot. So, I'll chalk it up to research.

I just saw a commercial for The Big Bang Theory and it made me really happy. I can't wait for it to come back. I watched them all last month so I'm caught up. Great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment